Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, September 23, 2025

9..22.25

Week dos in the MISSION✅️


It was a success to say the least

Getting into it



This week was fabulous, lots of talking to random people, SOOO many prayers, and quite a few giggles 

Buttt I'm running out of time so here's a little highlight from the week. Look to my goodbye photos to see what else I've been up too ⬇️


Friday night we started my first EXCHANGE with Sister Glade, she's adorable and we had a lot of fun. I went in with a goal to give aware my first BOOK OF MORMON and Sister Glade had the goal to talk to everyone. So we jumped in and decided to go to the only grocery store in our area. Turns out when you make the goal to talk to everyone, you will run into some yapppppers. We got stopped by this guy's who wanted to tell us all about the Bible but was very disinterested in our religion no biggie. It was still a positive convo. We then talked to this lovely guy named Jesús and he was so nice to us! It was wild. His boss had given him a BOM and he had read some of it and he was randomly trying to fast more and was seeing the blessing of it, which is so crazy! Anyway he was a sweetheart and spoke perfect english so i asked if i could share my testimony in español with him and he like helped me with my pronunciation and was super nice. He let us know he's not interested in meeting right now, but if he is he'll talk to his boss. So I'd call that a good seed planted. 

By the time the evening rolled I still hadn't had an opportunity to give my Book of Mormon away. So we decided to just knock on this neighbor's and let me tell you NO ONE WAS INTERESTED OR WOULD EVEN TALK TO US. It's chill but I was getting worried because I really wanted to give this BOM to someone who actually wanted it. We decided to go up to this house and there was a cute mom and her teenage daughter sitting outside on their lawn, so we approached them and told them we were just going around sharing scriptures with people and if we could share with them. They said yes and we had a great conversation with them and got to tell them about the book of Mormon and the daughter said would take mine. And that we could come back! It was truly a little miracle. 

The moral of the story is don't be afraid to bring up something that changes lives like the book of Mormon. I've realized I've been afraid to talk about Joseph Smith or the BOM because people can be quick to tell us we are horrible people for believing in it. But when we decide to put ourselves out there, God shows up. And he WILL give us opportunities to share what we've been so blessed to know. 


Anyway, Sunday was great. I was feeling weird about my life ( unfortunately, is a common experience when you do something random like being a missionary) so when I go to check, I was out of it. It was the primary program and thus little primary did there best and sang so big. I fear I was close to tears the whole time. And for some weird reason I complete cried during the song “this little like of mine” which if you have ever heard it is a bop l. But I realized all this cutie kids have such a light and God blesses all of his kids with that light. And GOODNIGHT its our responsibility to share that it with others. And it's hard, missionary work is so brutal but his the Lords work so why wouldn't we do it.


 So I don't know but I really am so grateful to be a missionary it's the best I'm loving it a lot and let me tell ya Yakima is a crazy place to be but I think God knew I needed to be here


Anyway God is good, and all the time God is good. 

Love and miss you all 


♡/ Hermana Olsen  




No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...