Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, September 30, 2025

9.29.25

Can you come back later? I don't have clothes on.




Back at you with another essay 
Diving in, get excited 

Ok to start off lets cover what went down last p day. It was a silly day, we went thrifting and had some crazy finds ( look at my vlogs for reference). Anyway, that night me and my compy had our evening after p-day to do some work. So we headed over to Tractor Supply and see if we could talk to anyone or find any Spanish speakers. And unfortunately, the parking lot was dead. Soooo we went and took cart that was in the middle of the street and brought it into the tractor supply. And the cashier took one look at us and was like “Wait who are you?” Obviously, we told him we were missionaries for our church. And then he just yapped to us about a crazy experience he had with trusting God. It was sick and then after a random man walked up and said he used to be Mormon, and then shared some ghetto stories with us, but it was actually so sweet. And then we decided to give them a little lesson about feeling the spirit (which, in case you're wondering we aren't exactly allowed to do…. But live laugh love) anyway by the end if it. The guy was like, “I think God wanted us all to meet.” It was so cute. And super fun to see how when you wear a tag and act different, people notice, and then God shows up. 

The next day a cutie old man in our ward invited us over to help make grape juice #✨️service✨️ to say the least, it was so silly fun. And we just spent our Tuesday morning picking and making grape juice. And then of course he walked us around his garden and made us take any produce so sweet, but I fear we aren't gonna get through all of it. 

The middle of the week went by, and I don't recall what happened, trust it was good. 

Saturday, I made my comp cry…. I said something out of pocket so she started dying laughing and we were trying to merge on the freeway. And then I called her a freak and she was laughing so hard tears were rolling and I was we might as well. So not fret we made it home in one piece. Anyway to say the least we've been having a silly fun time.

Alsoooooo, this happened twice this week that we knock on a door and the guy answers by sticking his head out the door and before even saying hello, telling us “I don't have any clothes on can you come back a different day?” So that happened not once but twice.
 And then again last night we knocked on this door and through this very dirty glass we can't tell if this man is wearing clothes. Unfortunately he wasn't and we said we would come back a different day. Oh, and an old man kissed me on the cheek this week as well…. Call me apostate. 

Sunday I hit 2 MONTHS being a missionaryyyyy 🙌🙌🙌 kinda crazy but no biggie 
Woke up and saw that our prophet had passed away. We were heartbroken because holy we loved him. Decided to listen to his last talk he gave us in April. It was so good and so neat to listen to our prophet telling us to prepare to have confidence in approaching God. Who says that! Literally a prophet of God, that's who. Seriously the craziest idea.

We went to church and our friend Juan let us know he wasn't gonna make it. So we went in and the other sisters in our ward had a bunch of friends there, which was adorable. And as we were starting church I looked over and saw the mother and daughter who I gave my first Book of Mormon to just walking into church behind the other sister missionaries! I was baffled. I really didn't know if we would see them again, and at church of all places! I was so surprised and she's was so cute and brought her Book of Mormon with the photo of Jesus we used to mark where we wanted her to read still tucked in. I'm really hoping she progresses. It was a perfect sacrament meeting filled with beautiful testimonies and people just praising God and testify of the divinity of the restored gospel. After church, I ran over and said hi and asked how she liked it. She said she did, but they had to be somewhere after church, so they would miss the second hour, but said they would come again. My heart is so full. God truly works in many ways for the salvation of his kids. Truly a miracle 

This week I've been thinking a lot about the love of God. He gives us so many opportunities to feel his love and know him better, the scriptures, PROPHETS, prayer, and the testimony and conversion of others. Seriously, so special. I was reading in Mosiah 23:12, this verse talks about the people did not just lift up their voices to God but they poured out their hearts “and he did know the thoughts of their heart”. Sometimes the biggest part of our conversion is letting God know how we are feeling, letting him know what is truly in our hearts. That is enough to feel his comfort. We will always be able to fully understand God's love or how it works. But oh how we can feel it. God promised his kindness shall not depart from you. Not now, not when you mess up, not when crazy things happen. We can always trust that God will in fact help us.
Anyway, please know God is so aware of you. Christ knows you perfectly. And he suffered for all of us, so he might know to help each and every one of us. 

I love you all big. Know that God is on our side, everything will work together for good for those who love Christ.

You're truly 
♡/Hermana Olsen 





No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...